We are excited to announce that thanks to the continual powder dumps over the past couple of weeks, all of Hakuba Valley’s 10 ski resorts are now open!
The Hakuba Valley resort opening dates were as follows:
- – Tsugaike Kogen – 11th December 2020
- – Hakuba Happo-One – 15th December 2020
- – Hakuba Goryu – 15th December 2020
- – Iwatake – 18th December 2020
- – Kashimayari – 18th December 2020
- – Hakuba 47 – 18th December 2020
- – Hakuba Cortina – 19th December 2020
- – Hakuba Sanosaka – 19th December 2020
- – Jiigatake – 19th December 2020
- – Norikura – 19th December 2020
Initially there was talk of Hakuba Sanosaka resort being closed for the 2020/21 season due to COVID, however Sanosaka is now operating as normal and taking advantage of the incredible daily dumps of powder snow which has been coating the Hakuba Valley resorts over the past couple of weeks.
Also, some exciting news out of Hakuba Goryu Resort, which is that from this season, Ski Four Lift and the Toomi course will be operating with 100% green energy!
Hakuba Goryu Green Energy Photo courtesy of the ABLE Hakuba Goryu Facebook Page
The 2020/21 Hakuba ski season will definitely look different this year without the usual international guests. Be sure to keep checking our Japan Ski Experience blog for updates, keep up to date on the Hakuba happenings, and start to plan your 2021/22 Japan ski trip!